Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baby update

I went to the doctor today. Both babies are vertex still and measuring great. Our boy weighed in at 5 lbs. 2 oz. and our girl at 5lbs. 15 oz. The nurse didn't feel like our boys measurements were completely accurate because he was being sooo squished by his sister, (she was thinking he was a little bit bigger than that.) I was hoping to have progressed a lot this past week so my doctor would either induce me today or that I would stay about the same because he is going out of town this weekend. I'm a 3....so chances are I'll be able to make it to the 9th. It seems a little disappointing because I'm getting so big and uncomfortable and having quite a few contractions, but I can do anything for 8 more days, especially if it will help the babies. Maybe the extra time will help us decide on what we are going to name them.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

I have been anxious to hear...i know that is probably frustrating, but you are smart to see it will be good for the babies. hope all goes well the next few days til your doctor comes back. let me know if there is anything I can do!

Steph and Brady said...

Oh my goodness! I was thinking about you all day! That is so good that they are getting big! I made Brady call Ky to check on you guys. But, I am glad that you didn't progress too much so that you can still have your doctor hopefully! Let us know if you need anything too!

Eric and Cami said...

I had a dream last night that you had them, guess not! Sounds like they are going to be healthy, unfortunately you have to be miserable a little bit longer, but you still look so dang good!!

Lindsay said...

wow that is so great they are doing so well. i'm sure you are so anxious to finally have them. good luck with everything these last few days! i can't wait to see pictures!

karipounder said...

Shelby-
Sounds like everything is going to be great! I am excited to see them and hopefully will get to work on a day you are in the hospital. Good Luck! Kari