Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's official....I quit!

Today I officially resigned from my RN position in the newborn nursery. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom and now with 3 kids it is the perfect time. Although my work was filled with long, busy, crazy hours and lots of drama, I will miss the women I worked with soooo much! When you work 12 hour shifts with people you tend to share a lot of information (good and bad)! I am grateful to everyone who took such great care of me and my babies and for the friendships I have made! I plan to keep up with my license and maybe one day I'll return, but for now I'm SO GRATEFUL to be at home with my kids!

6 comments:

Steph and Brady said...

Oh Shelby, I bet that was a hard decision until you look at those adorable kids of yours! You are such a wonderful mom! I hope when I have kids I can do even close to what you do.

Megan Hauze said...

I quit as well, what a weird feeling that is. Good for you, you will be a great mom!

Laurel said...

yeah! I am so excited for you! you are such a good mom and your kids will always be grateful.

The Pounders said...

Shelby-
Congrats! I am here right now wishing I was in your shoes. I'll miss you around here! Keep in touch. Kari

Lindsay said...

Shelby,
We miss you! I've checked your blog to see new pictures of your cute babies, and I heard you officially quit! I don't blame you, I too want to be a stay at home mom. Just know we miss you, and hope you come show us your babies some day!

Lindsay

Catherine said...

That is wonderful for you and the kids. We will miss you GREATLY. PLEASE stay in touch.