Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Being a mom is so great!!! I've had such a great weekend. My husband knows how to spoil me. It started last week with an early Mother's Day lunch and pedicure with Ky's mom and sisters. We had a great time, who wouldn't? We needed to celebrate early because Ky's mom is spending the week in Cancun with her sisters. I'm so grateful to her for raising such a wonderful son. I couldn't ask for any better. Saturday we had a picnic up at Cosy. It was fun to just spend a little time up in the mountains together. Then Ky made a wonderful dinner. Ky and Kynnady gave me some awesome presents to help pamper my growing figure. I got this wonderful maternity support belt, that makes my back feel great and a maternity support pillow. I've been sleeping better already. I'm going to need to rest up before these babies are born. Both gifts are highly recommended! Thanks, babe! Today we had my parents and Grandma Taylor over for a Mother's Day lunch. It was nice to spend time with them. I had this great idea that I'd bake my Great Grandma Patterson's home made bread for my mom and grandma. Lets just say I have way more respect for her and her baking skills. My bread ended up in the trash. My great grandma baked something everyday and it was always delicious. Sorry Grandma Patterson, I tried. I am so grateful for my mom and all she does for me. I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to be a mother. I truly love it. Its scary thinking of adding two more babies in the mix of our family, but I feel really blessed that Heavenly Father is sending them to us. I just hope I can do half as good of a job that my mom, grandma, Ky's mom, etc. have done!

4 comments:

Brandon, Emily and Chloe said...

It sounds like you had an amazing Mothers' Day weekend! You are a wonderful mom, and you have been and continue to be a great example to me.

Laurel said...

ky is the best gifter! I am glad you had a great week and you deserve it! Happy mothers day and hopefully we can see you soon. Let me know if you need anything in all of your busyness.

Steph and Brady said...

Happy Mother's Day Shelby! What a great week! You are such a great mom so you definitely deserve it! Good job Ky on the gifts! You really are such a great example of a great mom! What an amazing example! I hope today was as good as the rest of the weekend! Hope to see you guys soon!

Lindsay said...

you are the cutest little mom. i'm glad you had such a wonderful monther's day. good work on the spoiling, ky. keep it up!