Monday, July 27, 2009

Mailman






We bouncebacked at Lagoon. This time the babies came with us and I brought the camera. We had another great day. Kynnady was able to ride even more rides and she had a great day with her cousins. We even took the twins on the merry-go-round. In the afternoon we saw people gathering around a tall, black, man getting autographs and pictures. He had a hat on and my eyes aren't the best so I asked a kid who just left visiting with him who he was. He told me Michael Jordan. I was like sweet, come on Kynnady lets go get a picture for daddy (Ky was at work). When I got closer I realized it was the Mailman, Karl Malone... still cool though. He was really nice and we got a quick picture. I guess it was his birthday. The funny thing is I'm not sure if the kid I asked was messing with me or if he was dumb. My guess is the second :)

4 comments:

anjie said...

Cool! I saw him grocery shopping at a Smiths in SLC about 12 years ago. He had his kids with him. I lived in SLC at the time. It was in the height of his career. But I was too lame to approach him and say hi.

Steph and Brady said...

That is so funny that he said it was MJ! I am proud of you for going up to him, I would have been a whimp. I bet Lagoon was lots of fun, especially for Kynnady!

Laurel said...

I can't believe you met Karl Malone! It looks like Kynnady had a blast, it would have been fun just to watch her face all day! You guys are such good parents and we are going to miss you!

Eric and Cami said...

That's awesome! It's still hard to tell its him in the picture. We're going to do the splash park on thursday, I'll call you!