Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I'm so blessed to have the best Fathers in my life. I always knew I was snagging a great catch with Ky, but I never could have imagined just what a great dad he would be. He spent part of last week at scout camp and it was so cute to see the kids faces when he came home. Cute Kynnady followed him EVERYWHERE he went all day, which she'll usually try to do whenever she can anyways. We had fun planning our gifts and activities for daddy this year. Kynnady is getting really talented with her art projects. She is a great colorer and she is really able to write well. Ky, we all adore you! Thanks for everything. You really are the BEST! WE LOVE YOU!



I'm also grateful for my wonderful dad and father-in-law. Thanks for always being there and all you do for us. We love you so much!

And this Father's day my heart is especially full of love for my Grandpa Saunders. He passed away tonight :( He was a great man. Although he will be missed, how beautiful is it when someone lives a good, happy, successful life and to know that we can be together again. I'll forever be thankful for him and glad that he raised an amazing son, my dad. Love ya!

4 comments:

Steph and Brady said...

Ky is such a cute dad. I bet it was so cute to see Kynnady follow him around. I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. What a great day to remember him though.

Laurel said...

Ky is such an awesome dad! He is so observant of you and your kids needs. Sorry about your grandpa. Let me know if you need anything, especially if you need me to babysit during any of the events.

Brandon, Emily and Chloe said...

Shelby -

What a sweet tribute to all of the fathers in your life. I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Please let me know if you need anything, really anything! Your family will be our thoughts this week. Take care!

Lindsay said...

shelb, i'm so sorry about your grandpa. i agree, it is a wonderful thing knowing that we can see our loved ones again. i hope you and your family are doing ok!